How to Prepare for PSUs?
- PSU's Entrance Exam Question Paper mainly consists of two major sections:
- Technical Section: Subject specialization of related stream
- Non-Technical Section: General Awareness, Current Affairs, English Language, Reasoning & Aptitude.
Hence to crack PSU competitive exam, candidate should prepare for both
technical and non-technical sections, where 50% to 70% questions are
from technical and remaining questions from non-technical sections.
- Be aware of exam pattern of different PSU's like number of technical
questions, number of non-technical questions, negative marking, exam
duration, marks per question etc.
- Always make it a habit of referring to previous year question papers.
- Adopt Reference books for derivations, equations, conceptual thought process, theory etc.
- Short Cut Techniques: Traditional methods to solve numerical problems is a time taking process, try to adopt short cut techniques to save the time.
- Practice previous year question papers and analyze in which topics you
are weak and concentrate more on those topics. Always try to solve the
papers in given time limit to obtain the idea that how many questions
you are able to solve in given time limits.
- Group Discussion Round: Group Discussion is a crucial
round conducted for shortlisted candidates. Good communication skills,
topic knowledge, team spirit, leadership qualities, patience level are
the major parameters to be considered.
- Personal Interview: Sound technical knowledge,
positive attitude, body language, good communication skills play an
important role to clear personal interviews.