How To prepare for GATE 2019
- Two important parameters to be considered to crack GATE exam are
Accuracy and Time Management. The paper consists of 65 questions which
should be solved in 3 hours in this cut throat competition.
- GATE examination consists only of multiple and numerical answer type questions, hence only correct answer fetches marks.
- Practice previous year question papers and analyze in which topics you
are weak and concentrate more on those topics. Always try to solve the
papers in given time to obtain the idea that how many questions you are
able to solve in given time limits.
- Provide equal attention to both theory and numerical problems.
- Carefully go through the GATE syllabus and find out which topic fetches more marks and give more importance to those topics.
- Group Study is also effective way to brush up your knowledge about
technical topics with your partners, in this process you might explore
new techniques and procedures to understand the topic better.
- Short Cut Techniques: Traditional methods to solve numerical problems is time taking process, try to adopt short cut techniques to save the time.
- Do not make wild guess as there is negative marking associated with the questions.
- Prepare the list of important definitions, equations, derivations, theorems, laws in every subject
- Self Made Notes: Try to prepare notes after studying
that particular topic, initially it will take some time but it will be
useful in revising the topics at final stage.
- Pay more attention while attempting linked and common data questions.